I often get asked “Zlata, I don’t have a ton of time for the gym and don’t really know what to do there anyway. Can you help me with something that can …you know… pick up my second butt?
That’s a THING! I am not even kidding. Any woman who has ever carried a little extra back there knows what I am talking about… 😉
Kick off this week with 3 quick exercises that will help you shape your glutes and get you your firm booty back.
It takes less than 10 minutes to do these simple power moves. No equipment is needed, you can just do them either at the gym, or in front of your TV, or out in the park.
Good bye second butt and hello firm, sexy one butt.. You know what I meant…
- Stand up straight with your feet wider than your shoulders with your feet pointing outwards and your arms down in front of you.
- Slowly lower your hips down to the ground while keeping your back straight until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- At the same time, lift your arms up so they are parallel to the floor.
- Hold a second and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the steps for the recommended number of repetitions.
Squats are a key move for gorgeous sexy legs and glutes! The key here is to really push through the heels and make sure to keep your chest UP~!
Beginners: add 15-30 air squats to your daily routine after morning coffee. It will get your blood pumping and help you shape the sexy behind that you want. Not to mention, squats have countless benefits for our overall posture and hip joint health.
Advanced: grab 15 pound weights sister, we are going to get to work! Adding weights to your squats creates the kind of resistance for strengthening and conditioning of your glutes. The key here, just like with an air squat, to keep your chest UP and push through the heels of your shoes. I suggest trying this barefoot to see what it really feels like.
2. FORWARD LUNGES
- Stand straight, hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- With your right leg, take a big step forward while leaving your left leg in the same place.
- Slowly lower your hips so that your right leg is in a 90° angle with the thigh being parallel to the floor.
- Hold for a second and return to a standing position leaving your feet apart ready to lower back down again.
- Repeat this process for the recommended number of repetitions.
Love to hate them, hate to love them so much because if you want a sexy behind, this is the key right here sister. Lunges are a compound movement, meaning they work multiple body parts, glutes, quads, even hamstrings. Why is this good? You are killing three birds with one stone here sister!
For beginners – add a lunge when you are watching TV with the family – 15 repetitions for 3 sets is a great place to start.
Advanced sisters, I have great news for you. Lunges are my MOST favorite exercises and variations are endless – forward, backward, side lunge, lunge overpress! I am like a kid in a candy store right now! Do you feel the excitement? The only thing I am not excited about is how sore they make me afterwards… But, advanced ladies – grab 15 pounds dumbbell or a bar and hold it overhead while you are stepping forward. PUSH through the heel to get the most benefit in your glutes. Feel that burn, baby!
3. STANDING KICK BACK
- Stand tall, flex your arms and put fists together against the chest.
- Put all the weight in your right leg, keep both legs straight, and lift your left leg directly behind you. Let your glutes do all the work.
- Keep your left foot flexed and work on lifting your heel as high as you can without leaning your torso too far forward. Engage your abs to help you stay balanced.
- Hold for a second, then lower your left leg so it’s parallel with your right, but don’t let it touch the ground. Then lift it back up behind you.
- Repeat this process with each leg for the recommended number of repetitions.
This one looks OH so innocent, right? No way sister. I know beginner ladies are already feeling it after lunges and squats all week long while drinking coffee and watching TV lunging. While a kick back looks sweet and innocent, it’s a weapon of a movement. Here is why, it activates your gluteus maximus… in normal people terms the middle of the buttocks. To lift, shape and tone and to LIFT the booty, this exercise is excellent for isolating the glutes specifically. Beginners – add this to your nightly TV routine. First just standing, you can also add Terra Bands if you wish.
Advanced sisters, add band work to activate your gluteus maximus BEFORE you do any leg exercises in your routine. Just start with body weight before exercises. As a part of your leg routine once or twice per week, add heavy resistance bands or cable kickback. Your sexy glutes will thank me later 🙂
What do you think about this article? Is this helpful? Are you crying yet?
Let me know in comments sister, I am happy to answer any of your questions.
Do you need an easy to follow plan you can do at gym or at home? Check out the Sexyfit 3 Day Shape Up Plan to firm & tone your body all over with targeted power moves so you get sexy lean legs, firm butt, defined arms and flat abs you’ve always wanted. Get it here, it’s FREE: www.sexyfit.com/shapeup
P.S. Use “Pin it” button on the picture below to share these awesome glutes shaping workouts with your community!