Sisters, I’m so excited because I’m just about to share with you one of my most favorite interviews about weight training ever! I found another fitness soul sister. Please meet Holly Perkins, the author of Lift to Get Lean and the leader of Women’s Strength Nation.
Holly is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with a degree in Exercise Physiology and Nutrition. She is also a contributing writer and expert for Women’s Health, SELF, Fitness, Shape, Prevention, Men’s Health and LIVESTRONG. Holly’s mission is to empower women on a personal and spiritual level by leading them into the weight room, on a journey of physical strength.
Holly and I talked about everything concerning female weight training. We talked about lifting to get lean, seasonal training, training on your cycle, nutrition and hormones. We also covered how our lifestyle habits affect our body’s performance.
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE THIS EPISODE:
- The key benefits of weight training for women and lifting to get a lean physique
- How to overcome the intimidation of “bro territory” and embrace weight training
- Why HIIT and Crossfit are not for everyone and how to choose the right exercise to get in shape
- How strength training helps us optimize hormonal levels and how they get out of balance due to lifestyle factors
- To train or not to train on your period?
- The optimal nutrition for strength training and how you can use carbs as a medicine
You’ll hear lots of great opinions in this interview, so just tune in and enjoy!
Thanks for listening sisters! You can visit the links below so you can get Holly’s tips and insights on how to fearlessly get into the weight room and kill it. But before you go, don’t forget to apply for the Sexyfit Street Squad at www.sexyfit.com/streetsquad because it’s going to be so much fun! And I can’t wait for us to hang out again!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Holly Perkins’ Website: www.hollyperkins.com
Women’s Strength Nation Website: https://womensstrengthnation.com/
Women’s Health Lift to Get Lean: A Beginner’s Guide to Fitness & Strength Training in 3 Simple Steps http://amzn.to/2fjTHE2
Holly’s social networks profiles:
Free copy of “5 Tools I Use Everyday to Stay Fit and Lean” by Holly Perkins: https://womensstrengthnation.com/freegift/
Sexyfit Private Community on Facebook. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and become a part of Sexyfit Group today. Join in HERE!